Surge arrester, formerly lightning arrester (also surge protector, varistor) - a device designed to protect electrical apparatus against transient overvoltages, limiting the duration and frequency of the consequent current.
- Overvoltages can occur during, for example, switching on or off an unloaded overhead line or when lightning strikes an overhead line, and can damage the insulation and other network components.
- As lightning arresters are relatively expensive devices, they are only used to protect important network components such as a transformer or generator.
A line of surge arresters consists of Class 2 devices.
- They are designed to protect against overvoltages caused by transient fast switching operations or indirect lightning surges.
- It is recommended to install the devices every 10 - 20 m of cable length, in main switchboards as well as in sub-switchboards. The Ex9UE2 20 440 is designed for coordination with class 1 of the Ex9UE1 35 line, in the case of Ex9UE2 20 275, coordination with the Ex9UE1 35 line is by means of a 10 m long cable.
- The design of the Ex9UE2 arresters is based on varistor elements.
- It provides a low response time.
- The modular design with replaceable insertion allows quick and simple replacement of the functional modules in case of burnout, due to the frequent occurrence of surge peaks.
PAREMETER / VALUE
- Rated discharge current (8/20): 20
- Tripping indication on the device: Optical
- Type 2: YES
- Degree of protection (IP): IP20
- Max. cross-section of flexible cable: 35
- Protection level: N-PE
- Integrated protection: NO
- Network circuit : TN-S
- Size: 4 modules
- With contact for remote signalling: NO
- Maximum permanent operating voltage AC: 275
- Short-circuit resistance: YES
- Rated AC voltage: 275
- Mounting method: DIN rail TH-35 mm
- Max. conductor cross-section (single/multi-strand): 35
- Protection level L-N : 1.4
- Number of poles : 4
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 70 x 84 x 70 mm
- Noark product code: 103357
|Number of phase||3-phase|
|Width In Number Of Modular Spacings||4.00|
|Nominal Discharge Current||20.00 kA|
|Nominal Voltage||275.00 V|
Write Your Own Review
More from Noark Electric